Having a secure and comfortable home and being an active part of the local community brings a whole range of benefits to people’s lifestyle and wellbeing. Our Accommodation and Life Skills support services are person centred and assist people with a disability to live in their community in ways they want to.
Support services are provided in a way that aims to maximise their independence and community connections. We offer a range of support options for community living needs and people can make their own choices about where they’d like to live, with whom and how they would like to be supported.
With the roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, people with a disability are allowed more choice in the way their services are provided and who provides the services. This Scheme allows Summit Community Services Inc to continue to provide services in a person centred way which values the choice and the rights of each person.
WHAT WE CAN DO
Having a secure and comfortable home and being an active part of the local community brings a whole range of benefits to people’s lifestyle and wellbeing. Our Accommodation and Life Skills support services are person centred and assist people with a disability to live in the community in ways they want to.
Summit Community Services Inc is registered through the National Disability Insurance Agency to provide Accommodation Support Services.
We can come to you and help you in your home!
HOW CAN SCS INC ASSIST YOU?
We can assist you to:
• Live independently
• Learn and develop everyday skills
• Be a part of your community
• Make friends and see old ones
• Receive support with personal care
• Receive support with your health
• Choose who you want to live with
• Work out where you want to live – you might want to share a house with someone or you might want to live on your own
We can help with:
• Planning, preparing, shopping and cooking your meals
• Budgeting or Banking
• Shopping for your needs
• Taking you where you want to go
• Housecleaning and maintenance
• Going to the doctors or looking after your teeth and eyes
• Helping you work out your medication
• Taking you out to places in the community such as out for tea, or seeing friends, or going to a movie
• Seeing your family and friends
• Doing your garden
• How to get help when you need it
• Learning how to work your IPad or your computer
• Go to Community College or TAFE to learn new skills
We can also help you learn about:
• Your rights and responsibilities
• Making choices
• The Disability Standards
• How to cope in an emergency
• How to let people know if you aren’t happy
• How to let people know if you are happy with what they are doing
• Keeping your business private and the rules about this
Summit Community Services Inc workers will help you work out what you what to do and:
• Support you to do what you want to do
• Check how the services and support are going
• Help you talk to someone about your plan
• Let you have a say about what you want
• Help you manage any problems you might have
• Help you to let other services know if you are not happy with what is happening with your service
WHY NOT JOIN ONE OF OUR GROUPS?
SCS Inc can help you be part of a group. Some of our activities are groups:
• Men’s Group: This group is on once a month and the group gets together to go to activities in the community e.g. playing pool, out for lunch, movies, travelling away for shopping, bushwalking, barbecues, going to events in Narrabri e.g. the Skid n Cruz Show, concerts. Sometimes we just catch up and have a coffee and a chat.
• Wellbeing and fitness group: This group meets on a Monday to go swimming until the pool closes, walking, bike riding, playing basketball or tennis. We discuss what people want to do and go ahead and do it.
There are no upcoming events at this time